Lilly

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

RIP Wicket

Yesterday we had to make the decision to put my dog down :crying:
we got her in 2004 she was about to turn 6, mum brought her while we were suffering the pain of infertility
she was soo loyal and cuddly. We I was diagnoised from cancer and had a hospital stay didn't leave my side once I came home, and was again by my side while I was pregnant and never was jealous of dd.
Two years ago we moved into my mums and mum got a new dog the same week from RSPCA Rocky was five months but our Wicket was 4 years she was a shi tzu so rocky a japanese spitz already was bigger.
Last year just before dd was born we moved into a unit, we could have wicket there so she would stay sometimes and go back to mums.
When she was with us she slept inside every night on our bed, but I know the last few weeks she has been sleeping outside at mums
yesterday mum called to say we needed to take wicket to the vet, her eye had fallen out. We rushed her to the vet, they said she had been in a fight with rocky and that to remove it or keep the eye would cost $1000s and lots of surgies that might not fix the problem. And that she was already blind :( the vet said it was the best option for her was to put her down. :(
I feel like I let her down :( I wish we didn't have to move to thus unit so she could of been with us, I wish I was strong enough to be holding her while she passed away like dh did. I feel so awful and sad for her. I've owned over 10 dogs in my life but she touched my heart the deepest and I let her down :(

No comments: